The Data Room is currently an online repository for documents supporting the Plan of Adjustment for HTA (as amended or modified from time to time, and including all exhibits thereto, the “Plan”). It is a way for the Oversight Board to provide creditors with additional information and documents in connection with confirmation of the Plan.
- • The Plan covers the Puerto Rico Highways and Transportation Authority (“HTA”).
- Additional information about HTA may be available at the following websites:
- The Data Room was created and is run by the Financial Oversight & Management Board for Puerto Rico (the “Oversight Board”), which was established by the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (“PROMESA”) to serve as the representative for all Title III debtors.
- If you would like more information about the Oversight Board, you may visit the Oversight Board’s website.
- The Data Room contains certain documents relating to the Plan.
- Please note that certain documents in the Data Room relating to the Plan have been designated as “Confidential.” In order to access those documents, you will need to request access to Non-Confidential and Confidential Documents, and sign the Protective Order available here.
Accessing Documents in the Data Room
- Currently, only creditors of HTA and their representatives can access the Data Room.
- In order to gain access to the Data Room, you must certify that you are a creditor of HTA (or representative of a creditor) because:
- You are a public employee of HTA
- A master proof of claim was filed on your behalf
- You filed a proof of claim against HTA
- Under the procedures order entered by the Court, you are a creditor of HTA who is not required to file a proof of claim for a reason not listed above
- You are listed as a creditor on the creditor matrix for HTA in an amount greater than $0.00
- If you are a creditor of HTA (or representative of a creditor), you can request access to the documents in the Data Room by filling out the form here.
- If you are a creditor (or representative of a creditor) of HTA and you do not wish to review documents relating to the Plan, you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If you have questions about how to obtain access to the Data Room, or if you think you have been inappropriately denied access to the Data Room, please contact Kroll at [email protected] or (844) 822-8231.
If I already requested and received access to the Data Room when it included documents related to the Disclosure Statement, do I need to request access again?
- No. If you previously requested and received access to the Data Room when it contained documents relating to the Disclosure Statement, you do not need to request access again. You will have the same level of access to the Plan Data Room as you did for the Disclosure Statement Data Room.
- After you request access by filling out the form here, you should receive a response via email. Please note that it may be delivered to your spam or junk mail folder. If you have not received any communications after 1 business day, please contact Prime Clerk at [email protected] or (844) 822-8231.
- Yes. In order to access documents that are marked “Confidential,” you will need to review and sign the Protective Order available here. You must sign the Protective Order online and provide all information requested by the Protective Order in order to receive access to documents designated as Confidential.
- Once you have signed the Protective Order and provided all information requested, you will have access to documents labelled “Confidential” in the Data Room. You must treat any documents labelled “Confidential” in accordance with the terms of the Protective Order, and you must not disclose any confidential information to anyone. Pursuant to the terms in the Protective Order, you consent to information being collected regarding the date(s) and time(s) you access the Data Room, documents you access while you are in the Data Room, and which documents in the Data Room that you print or download.
- If you already signed the Protective Order and provided all information requested to review documents labelled “Confidential” relating to the Disclosure Statement, you do not need to sign a new Protective Order to review documents labelled “Confidential” relating to the Plan. You are still bound by the terms of the Protective Order, and you must not disclose any confidential information you see in documents labelled “Confidential” relating to the Plan to anyone, as per the terms of the Protective Order.
- Any creditor (or representative of a creditor) who wishes to review documents labeled “Confidential” on the Data Room must first sign the Protective Order, available here.
- Creditors (or representatives of creditors) who have electronically signed the Protective Order in order to view documents labelled “Confidential” that were uploaded to the Disclosure Statement Data Room do not need to sign the Protective Order again to view documents labelled as “Confidential” for the Plan Data Room.
- The Protective Order has been approved by the Court. However, if the Debtors make any changes to the Protective Order in the future, following approval of such changes by the Court, the Oversight Board will replace the proposed Protective Order with the revised version, and all creditors (or representatives of creditors) who have signed the proposed Protective Order will need to re-sign the Protective Order as entered by the Court.
What if I request access to non-confidential documents only, and then decide I want to have access to confidential documents as well?
Using the Data Room
- Once you have been granted access to the Data Room, you can download or print documents. However, your treatment of any documents labeled “Confidential” must be in strict compliance with the terms of the Protective Order. Please be advised that the Data Room will keep a record of any confidential documents that you choose to print or download, as well as the time and date that you printed or downloaded them. This is to ensure that, if a confidential document is distributed to persons or entities who do not have access to the Data Room, in violation of the Protective Order, we will have evidence to determine who shared that document.
- You will not be able to access, print, or download documents marked as “Confidential” until you’ve signed the Protective Order.
- Your access to the materials in the Data Room is restricted to your own use. Information and documents in the Data Room are not to be disseminated to third parties or other individuals or entities who are otherwise not entitled to review them.
- If you have questions about how to download or print documents, please contact [email protected].
- No. You cannot make any changes to the documents in the Data Room. You also cannot highlight, annotate, or post comments on documents in the Data Room.
- If you would like to highlight, annotate, or post comments on the documents that are in the Data Room, you must download them first. You may then highlight, annotate, post comments, or otherwise review the documents on your own document review system.
- Yes. You can mass-download all of the documents in the Data Room to which you have been granted access.
- Given the number of creditors of HTA, there may be many people trying to access the Data Room at the same time. In order to avoid overloading the Data Room’s servers, we have limited the number of users who may be in the Data Room at any one time.
- In the event that too many creditors seek to access the Data Room at the same time, creditors may be placed in a “Data Room Lobby” until other users have logged out of the Data Room. Creditors will gain entry to the Data Room in the order they logged on.
- If you receive a message saying that you are in the “Data Room Lobby,” please be patient and you will be allowed access to the Data Room once other users have logged out of the site.
Does the Data Room contain English translations of Spanish documents, or Spanish translations of English documents?
- This website, which provides information regarding how to access the Data Room, is fully available in English and Spanish. To switch between English and Spanish versions of this website, please click the option at the top of this page. The Protective Order is also available in English and Spanish. Please note that these translations are not certified.
- Documents in the Data Room have not been translated. The Oversight Board has uploaded documents to the Data Room in their original language they were provided to the Board.
- If you have any questions about your access to the Data Room or to specific folders within the Data Room, please contact Kroll at [email protected] or 844.822.9231.
- If you have any general questions about the Disclosure Statement, the Plan or the schedule relating to the Plan, please contact Kroll at [email protected] or 844.822.9231.
- If you have any technical questions regarding how to use this site, including how to download or print documents, please contact [email protected]
- DO NOT CONTACT THE COURT REGARDING QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS INCLUDED. The court is not responsible for creating or maintaining this Data Room, nor does it have any information about the documents included therein. The contacts listed above are available to answer questions about the site, the Disclosure Statement, and the Plan, and can answer questions in both English and Spanish.